Monday, January 28, 2013

Significant gift


So the new year has started off with much needed encouragement.  My neighbor Michelle, was lucky enough to go on a cruise that took her and her family to Haiti during Christmas.  I was very jealous!  Not only did she enjoy the warm weather and being pampered but she also made it to a place I can not wait to go---Haiti.  She promised me that she would bring me back something from Haiti.  I could have never imagined the gift she brought back would have such significance.   God's timing is perfect as I am getting a little weary of waiting for a man's signature.   The story of this angel is that she looked all over for something that would have meaning for us.  She was approached by some people selling items on the beach.  She immediately saw the angel and said she had to have it.  " It is the angel that is going to help bring those kids home."  She tells me that there were no others like it, as she looked.  It is a beautiful soap stone carved angel.  It is so smooth and now is proudly displayed in our family room.  In addition the profit from her purchase goes to fund a school in Haiti.  How can I thank her for such a gift?  It truly is priceless to me because I know that God used her to bring us a message of hope.  I am just so glad she listened to His voice.

1 comment: