Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Nanny

These are the loving arms that welcomed my sons to the orphanage.  The hands that gave them new clothes, baths, food, toys , and a bed to sleep on--maybe the first bed they have ever slept on.  This wonderful woman whom I will get the honor of meeting and showering her with gifts also provided much love, attention, and comfort to their grieving hearts. As you can tell by their faces--they are the faces of grief.  Their is deep sadness, despair, and shock.  I did not receive a picture of Julena and her nanny from that day.  I think it is a blessing.  My heart is immediately taken to the memories of  loss when I see these pictures.You see adoption starts out as pain and loss.  And  yet we know the end of this story-- their lives forever changed for the better.  Abundance in forms they never knew possible.  HOPE.   Isn't it the same for us with our heavenly Father?  He takes us from the pain and loss and transforms our lives into beauty, hope, and abundance.  So many times I need to remind myself that God sees the end of the story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment