Thursday, March 8, 2012

15 years ago

15 years ago at 7:09 PST Wade got down on his knee at Disneyland Train station and proposed to me.  He carried the ring around with him on all the rides all day.   I was stunned.  It was a complete surprise.

He proposed at my favorite place--Disney and the Cindrella's castle was in the foreground.  Funny, that when he got on his knee and I realized what was happening he said to me "Don't start screaming, crying or making a scene."   Yeah right!!  Me - I don't react that way at all.  HA!

So he put a ring on it that night and I was on cloud 9 here the next day at La Jolla Beach.   



He was smart to do so on March 8th.  Because it was my Dad's birthday.  Now every year on March 8,  I can smile for more than reason--I can relive my engagement and  I can remember the man who loved  and cherished me first  as Daddy's little girl.   Double blessed!!


Sure do miss you Dad!!


No comments:

Post a Comment