Friday, March 9, 2012

Circus

We went to opening night at the circus Wednesday.  The tickets were only $12.  Wade didn't really want to go, but he was the one that had the most fun.  He was cheering and raising his hands in the air most of the time.  His philosophy was " if you can't beat them, join them."  referring of course to me and my desire to do fun things.   He also commented about the circus being like Disney World at a  Motel 6.  Funny.  The last time I was at the circus was 2 years ago.  Look at how the kids have grown:
My grandmother loved the circus.  There was no Disney World in her time. She took us that year. By the way she was 91 the last year she went to the circus. Great memories. The kids said that they liked going to the circus with Grandma better cause they got more toys, food, programs, etc. when she was with us.  Of course,  it's that the fun of being a Grandma, so I've heard.

On a completely different note,  there was an earthquake in Haiti yesterday.  A 4.6 on the Richter scale.  thank goodness no loss of life or damage.  Still,  there will be aftershocks and maybe another earthquake.  I do know that our children felt the earthquake and I wonder what  memories it has evoked in them.  

Also I met a new friend the other day who is also in the adoption process.  God is great at bringing people together who are going through the same experiences.  We had a great lunch and exchanged stories.  Their family has not been matched with a child yet.  They are adopting from the Dominican Republic,which borders Haiti.  The Lord has laid it on my heart today to ask for prayers through this blog for a match for this family to come through soon.  So yesterday I asked for prayers for our family but today I ask for prayers for this family-the G family. (I don't mention people's names unless I get their permission,which I did not in this case) BUT--God knows who they are.  Mountains are moved by prayer!


No comments:

Post a Comment