Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Roller Coaster of Adoption

We recently received some discouraging news about the signing of our dossier .  Since our dossier needs President Martelly's signature, we are waiting.  Well apparently the Prime Minister of Haiti handles this area.  On February 24, the Prime Minister quit!  Hence none of the 15 dossiers from our orphanage that need his signature are going to be signed until a new Prime Minister is ratified.  I just read today that there is a Prime Minister designate is waiting for ratification.  However this is not an easy process.  Here are pieces of what I read from an article from March 5:

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (defend.ht) - Haitian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Laurent Salvador Lamothe, Prime Minister-designate, indicated that he is waiting for the signal from Parliament to begin the process of ratification. However members have asked the nationality commission to complete its investigation first.  colleagues are not in a hurry to ratify a prime minister before the report. It is important to note that the ratification process for prime minister already involves a nationality investigation among other matters of the designated's parts.


Nothing is Haiti is ever fast.  So I am asking for prayers.  I know this looks impossible to us, but with God it is possible.  I am asking if it is in line with God's will for this to be a faster process.  That it will not take 6 months or more to get the President's signature.  
We can not go meet the children until the President signs.  And they will not be told they have a forever family until the President signs.


In addition to this news, we also received a note about the orphanage not having enough money to buy food next month.  A plea for help has not been issued like this in years.  You can read about it at this link:http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/2012/03/please-we-need-your-help-to-keep-gla-running/

This is a little unsettling as well, as you can imagine.  Our adoption money is safe. You can read more about the Prime Minister thing and state of adoptions here:http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/2012/03/adoptions-during-our-financial-difficulties/

I know God is faithful and what He has set in motion will come to pass.  This is part of the journey of faith to be reminded of this very fact in uncertain times.  I want to be real and relevant about our journey. There is a lot to learn during this time and sometimes these lessons are hard, uncomfortable, and painful.  I know  and am reminded through this roller coaster called adoption why we need a Savior.    So I look up to the sky, and even though it is raining today--I know the Son is there.
Psalm 121:2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
It reminds me that God is my shield, my strength, my portion, deliver.  My shelter, strong tower, my ever present help in time of need.
I trust you Lord today and always!!  I know you keep your promises!
 Please pray for us friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment